- I had to check their Eventbrite ticket and match with my spreadsheet.
- Give them a wristband & explain the deals/offers.
- Show them the map for the day with bar locations, times, and deals. (Special thanks to Upstate Printing for making these look so great!)
- Give them some raffle tickets, show them the baskets, and explain the flow of the afternoon. To encourage everyone to visit all 8 bars, I did a different drawing at each one throughout the day and had a “present to win” rule in place. Worked like a charm 😉
- I directed them over to our t-shirt table where they got a free “Here to Paddy” tee courtesy of Crazy Dog T-shirts! (My man, Brian hooked me up yet again!)
- And then FINALLY, I told them about my partnership with Tapingo, a food delivery service app that was offering a free drink for the day if people downloaded the app. Win-win for everyone, right? Plus, the app is super cool – I highly suggest giving it a try!
Here’s a closer look at the bars we had on deck for the day:
1. Empire Brewing Company
2. Blue Tusk
3. Clinton Street Pub
5. The Penny
6. Al’s Wine & Whiskey Lounge
7. Syracuse Suds Factory
8. Benjamin’s on Franklin
Andddd the basket giveaways:
1. Crazy for T-shirts
Half dozen St. Patrick’s Day tshirts with hilarious sayings from Crazy Dog Tshirts!
2. Glove Up & Chow Down
1 Month Membership for BURN Kickboxing
Sweat towel & water bottle
$15 CORElife Eatery GC
3. I Bleed Orange
Syracuse tshirts & Jersey
Manny’s Orange tshirts
4. Can’t Live Without Wegmans
Everyone’s favorite Wegmans goodies
5. Bad & Boozy
$20 Willow Rock Brewery GC
WRB Tshirt & Crowler
6. Date Night
$50 Apizza Regionale GC
Food & Game coupons for All Star Alley & Tavern
$15 Sugar & Co. GC
The event was a huge success and good times were had by all! But what made this event so incredibly special was knowing that I had people from all different points of my life come out to support me – family, friends from high school & college, and even some strangers that I just met that day. Truly #blessed to have this crew!
Planning and the event itself were hectic as hell, but it was such an amazing day. I was surrounded by people that mean the most to me and that’s all that mattered in the end. And because those people are literal angels, I was able to reach my fundraising goal at the first bar of the day! I think I was still in shock for days after because I just couldn’t BELIEVE it. I put a big ole fat checkmark next to that $7,500 with a smile!
I put up an Instagram post the day after and I think the caption said it all:
“Feeling pretty lucky that I REACHED MY FUNDRAISING GOAL! $7,500 seemed impossible a few months ago, but now I can officially check it off (and I still have a whole month until race day)! Completely blown away by all the love, support, and generosity from everyone in my life. My heart is so full ❤ I cannot say thank you enough, you all have truly made this such an unforgettable experience for me. Now I just have to focus on running 26.2!”
That’s a wrap on fundraising, but I am still accepting donations for my campaign. I would love to raise over $8,000 for the ALS Association…and I’m almost there. Click the link below to help me get over the hump!
Again, THANK YOU!!!! ❤
Check out my Crowdrise page to donate & help me raise as much as I can for the ALS Association: http://bit.ly/BostonBeginnings262